Thursday, November 11, 2010

Spicy Turkey Chili

So last night I heard the weather was supposed to take a turn for the cooler temps - none of that white stuff yet - THANK GOODNESS!!! The one great thing about living in KC is that the amount of snow is much less than that of the northern tundra I like to call Iowa.

That being said- I made some spicy turkey chili last night...at a request- here is the recipe. Now- remember- I am a dump, pinch of this, maybe some of that kind of cook- I despise recipes...I generally use them as a guideline - so I hope my recipe writing skills are better than my following skills!  Hey mom- Dad will like this... you don't have to tell him its turkey!




Spicy Turkey Chili
Ingredients:
½ lb ground turkey
1 whole green pepper
½ White Onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
I can petite diced tomatoes and green chili’s
1 jalapeƱo – unseeded
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 packet of chili seasoning (I took the easy way!)
Red Pepper Flakes
Other Seasoning
*I used: Salt, pepper, chili powder, dash of oregano, cilantro and parsley

Directions:
Brown ground turkey in stock pot with garlic and onion. Add green pepper and simmer. Add the remaining ingredients- bring to a boil. Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.

Meat simmering with peppers/onions/garlic
Finished Product


I served this with shredded, low fat cheddar cheese and low fat sour cream

YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment