Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pesto Hummus Chicken Breasts

Last night I created an amazing dinner that I must share!! (For you Kristin!)

Pesto Hummus Chicken Breasts
Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Athenos Pesto Hummus
1 wedge Lite Laughing Cow Garlic Herb Cheese
1 or 2 slices of white cheese- I used reduced fat smoked provolone- but motz would do equally well
Seasoning

Directions:
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
Season Chicken- however you like- I used salt and pepper, Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic and a little Jack Stacks Seasoning Salt
In bottom of a baking dish – spread ¼ of the Athenos Pesto Hummus – place chicken breasts directly on top. Then spread Hummus on top of chicken (amount may vary- I used a tablespoon per chicken breast) then spread Laughing Cow on top – Side note- in hindsight- I would have mixed the hummus and laughing cow together before I spread it on the chicken- probably would have been easier!  Finally I sprinkled a little basil and oregano on top of the chicken. I also drizzled balsalmic vinegar over the entire dish- not a lot.

Chicken before covered and put in oven
Close-Up

Cover baking dish with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes- until chicken is cooked but not firm. Take out pan- Turn oven on to broil - remove foil- place cheese on top of chicken and place back in oven until cheese is browned- roughly 3-5 min. Let sit for 5 min. Serve and enjoy. I topped mine with parsley and a little more fresh cracked pepper.

Finished Dish!


*Variation*
Afterwards I thought some crushed red pepper flakes might be delish with this dish with pepper jack cheese on top.
Red Onion or Shallots might also pair nicely with this- diced and mixed with the hummus.

I served the dish with a nice greeny salad- with radishes, cabbage, red onion and low fat sharp cheddar cheese and balsalmic vinegar dressing.



I also paired the chicken with fresh asparagus .
To make the asparagus – I chopped off ½ inch off the ends, laid them in a single layer on a cookie sheet, drizzled with 2 tablespoons of olive oils – seasoned with fresh minced garlic, salt and pepper and a little lemon juice. Put in the oven on broil until cooked- roughly 5ish minutes- keep an eye on them! (sorry- didn't get pix of this one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment