do you feel like music can change your day? i do. sometimes all i need, when i'm overwhelmed at work, is a ride in the car- the right station and a coffee run. i come back refreshed and centered. i can't say that i'm defined by a certain genre.. i literally love it all. some days all i want to listen to is "the highway" - get my country fix- roll down the windows and cruise. other days i switch it over to "the spectrum" and alt rock it up- with my skinny black jeans, brown boots and hair in a hat! other days i admit- i rock the big sunglasses and play the drums on my steering wheel to bruno mars and dumb box gaga!
music can alter mood. it can change my day. it makes me think of people. a song can come on and i'm instantly taken back...
- jack and diane takes me back to signatures karaoke
- black betty reminds me of my boys
- ace of base brings back lake mills days
- who let the dogs out - senior year football
- the general - ZOO BAR along with king of the road
- kol - lunch trips with a good friend
- huey lewis- jumping on the bed and singing with my bro B
- peaceful easy feeling- dad and softball nights
Do you have a favorite "happy song"?
p.s.- i still make mix discs- and give them funny names... like "help me tie my bow tie"!
p.p.s. - i love concerts. i attend a lot of them. they make me happy!
above: i am enjoying justin moore at the summer country concert series at kc power and light district
living it up at the NADAS concert in KC at Record Bar